2017 Fishzoo Ultimate Angler Tournament Rules
- Created: Tuesday, 13 November 2012 13:52
- Last Updated: Sunday, 26 March 2017 15:11
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 6614
Fishzoo is ALL IN for 2017!
WHAT IS THE Fishzoo "2017 Ultimate Angler" Tournament?
Fishzoo is looking for the most experienced, savvy angler with nerves of "50lb braid" who can find, hook, land and handle the giants! Most important skill is versatility! The angler able to catch the monsters of the greatest number of different species. Not only the largest fish of the year but the largest fish for the greatest number of species will earn the title of Fishzoo "2017 Ultimate Angler". This year were ALL IN on the google ad revenue 100% goes to the winner in the form of (1) gift card from either Visa, Cabela's or Bass Pro in an amount equal to 100% of www.fishzoo.net total google ad revenue for 2017. The more traffic on the site the larger the total prize at the end of 2017. The One (1) Steve Fogle Custom Rod and One (1) Shimano Reel (exact rod and reel specs to be determined) will be awarded to the Most Notable Catch from the leaderboard after the end of the tournament December 31, 2017. The Most Notable Catch will be voted on by fishzoo.net registered anglers same as 2016.
HOW CAN I WIN THIS CONTEST?
The registered angler (You MUST be a registered member of www.fishzoo.net if you are not yet registered click this link and follow the directions for registering) that catches the largest (length in inches) fish for the most species for the entire 2017 Fishing season (retroactive to 1/1/2017) takes the title of Fishzoo "2016 Ultimate Angler" and the prizes one (1) gift card from either Visa, Cabela's or Bass Pro in an amount equal to 100% of www.fishzoo.net total google ad revenue for 2017. The more traffic on the site the larger the total prize at the end of 2017. The Steve Fogle Custom Rod & Shimano Reel will be awarded to the Most Notable Catch from the leaderboard after the end of the tournament December 31, 2017. The Most Notable Catch will be voted on by fishzoo.net registered anglers. CLARIFICATION on the "Most Notable Catch" - the winner must have the most votes on ONE (1) fish on the leaderboard not total votes from multiple fish on the leaderboard.
HOW LONG IS THE CONTEST?
The contest runs from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Whichever registered (you must be a registered user on www.fishzoo.net to participate) angler has caught the largest of each qualified species by midnight on 12/31/2017 gets the title of Fishzoo "2017 Ultimate Angler" and the prizes (sponsors and prizes to be announced) . If for any reason the administrators decide to end the contest early in the year the angler that has the most species at that time, wins the contest and the total google ad revenue amount at the time the tournament ends. Fishzoo administration reserves the right to end the tournament at any time for any reason prior to midnight December 31, 2017 if they deem necessary.
WHAT IF THE CONTEST ENDS IN A TIE?
Should the contest end with a tie (two or more anglers leading with the same number of species) the prize will go to the angler with the largest total inches. If two or more anglers have the same number of species and the same total inches, then between the tieing anglers only, the angler with the single largest fish of any species will win the tournament and total prize(s).
HOW DO I ENTER MY CATCH?
1. You MUST be a registered member of www.fishzoo.net if you are not yet registered click this link and follow the directions for registering. After registering go to step 2.
2. FIRST DETERMINE THAT YOUR CATCH CLEARLY (THE PHOTO MUST CLEARLY SHOW LENGTH AND SPECIES TO OVERTAKE A SPECIES CURRENTLY BEING HELD BY ANOTHER ANGLER) IS LARGER THAN THE EXISTING FISH ON THE Leaderboard. IF YOUR CATCH IS THE SAME SIZE AS THE EXISTING FISH ON THE LEADERBOARD THE FIRST OR EARLIEST ENTRY ONLY WILL BE COUNTED. If your catch is deemed larger, then you must fill out the online 2016 Fishzoo Ultimate Angler Entry Form and submit one catch per form for review by Fishzoo contest administration. (NOTE: at the bottom of the form you MUST upload the photo of your entry. The photo MUST be of a fish caught during the 2017 fishing season, the photo MUST show clearly the length of your fish in inches, the photo MUST also clearly show the species. An approved tape measure or ruler must be clearly and completely visible and readable from lip to tail in the photo see the example below. NOTE: For all Striped Bass entries THEY MUST BE RELEASED AFTER MEASURING TO QUALIFY. NOTE: Fishzoo administration team reserves the right to adjust the size of, or remove any fish entry at their discretion. To fill out a fish entry form click this LINK. NOTE: you must also click the button at the bottom of the form to agree with the rules and terms of this contest and release Fishzoo.net it's owners, administrators, sponsors, employees, family and members of any liability or damages resulting from fishing, measuring, photographing or posting your information on our website for this purpose or any other purpose. BE AWARE THAT MARYLAND DNR HAS BEEN TICKETING ANGLERS FOR REMOVING STRIPED BASS FOR PHOTOS DURING THE CATCH AND RELEASE SEASON!
3. If your entry is the largest of a given species to date your "user name" and the size of the fish will be entered for that species until which time another angler or you catch a larger fish of that species. (NOTE: the idea is to show your versatility as an angler and catch the largest fish of the year for as many species as possible. The angler with his or her name in the most slots on the leader board on December 31, 2017 (or earlier if Fishzoo administration deems necessary) takes all!
BEST PHOTO EXAMPLE, VERY HARD TO DISPUTE THAT THIS WALLEYE IS 21"
NOT CHEATING PLEASE?
Please observe the following: 1. YOU MUST HAVE CAUGHT THE FISH IN THE PHOTO please do not use your buddies fish or something you hacked off the internet. 2. YOU MUST UPLOAD A NATIVE IMAGE FILE FROM YOUR CAMERA OR CAMERA PHONE don't even think about trying to photoshop or alter the image to make the fish appear larger then it really is. 3. PLEASE ONLY ENTER FISH THAT WERE CAUGHT THIS 2017 SEASON don't be digging through your old photo, we have no way to police this so were counting on you to PLEASE keep it honest.
This contest is for the determined prizes only. No other prizes will be given for the winner of this contest. Fishzoo.net and it's administrators are not responsible for lost or stolen or malfunctioning gift cards that can not be delivered due to spam blocks or bad email or mailing addresses and will not replace the awarded prizes for any reason once it has been delivered or attempted to be delivered to the winning angler. The Fishzoo administration team and it's family members are not permitted to win the google gift card prize or sponsor contributed gift cards, however they are permitted to enter fish in this contest and win sponsor contributed merchendise. In the event that a Fishzoo administrator or family members wins the Fishzoo "2017 Fishzoo Ultimate Angler" tournament, the title will go to that person however gift card prizes will go to the second place angler.